Sunday, August 15, 2010

Reading

So I decided to organize my way to small and very crowded bookshelf today and found a few books to keep me occupied this week.

1) The Epic of Gilgamesh: The Complete Academic Translation-Forgotten Books
I haven't officaly read through the whole text yet, but I plan to this week. I just wish I had the version that displayed the cuneiform on the opposing page. Maybe that will show up in some birthday wrapping paper next month? Or perhaps under the Christmas tree? We shall see.

2) Reading The Past: Cuneiform - C.B.F. Walker
I am not really sure what this text is about, but it was on sale on Amazon last year for $0.25 and I decided I needed it. However I never got around to reading it. This is the week it will be done!

3) Primer of Assyriology -Archibald Henry Sayce
Honestly, this was originally on Google books and at my old job I printed it out 4 pages per sheet of paper. I haven't read it either but now is the time. I am looking forward to it.

All in all, I think it is a pretty good list and I am very excited to jump in. Now, I just need to convince my friends and family that books do make great birthday presents... well as long as they are on my amazon wish list. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment